Initiative Group Alpbach Belgrade in cooperation with the Faculty of Political Sciences University of Belgrade, is organizing Alpbach Summer School on European Integration in Belgrade (ASSEI) from 8th to 20th September 2008.
The ASSEI project undertakes the model, program and the lecturers of the Alpbach Summer School on European Integration, designed and organized by European Forum Alpbach and the Institute of International Public Law, European Law and International Relations - University of Innsbruck.ASSEI Mission!
To enhance knowledge about trade integration and civil society development (on regional and international level) and to stress needs for constant regional cooperation on trade and civil society issues among future experts of law, economy and political science.
* Intensive basic course on law, economics and politics of European integration;
* Lectures given by distinguished professors of EU law and the representatives of the Serbian governmental and non-governmental institutions;
* The course will be thought at the level of university instructions, in forms of lectures and seminars requiring active contributions from participants.
The main lecturer is Prof. Dr. Friedl Weiss, Department of European, International and Comparative Law, Faculty of Law - University of Vienna. Guest lecturers will be prominent professors of the University of Belgrade and eminent representatives of the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
Main language of the course is English.
* Certificate on European Integration Exam - upon completion on the ASSEI participants will have to take a written exam covering the range of subjects taught;
* Creation of ASSEI ALUMNIs - regional network of future young leaders and decision makers of the region;
* ASSEI programme of lecturesASSEI Participants!Alpbach Summer School is opened for 30 senior students/postgraduates of law, political science and economics (under 35) from the SEE countries /provinces: Slovenia, Croatia, B&H, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova, UNMIK Kosovo and Serbia.ASSEI Application Requirements!
Please send via email email@example.com till August 1st 2008 following documents:
* ASSEI Application form
* Motivation letter
* Curriculum VitaeUncompleted applications will not be considered.
ASSEI Selection Procedure!
On the basis of previous educational achievements and English language skills the best applicants will be chosen jointly by ASSEI coordinators of the IG Alpbach Belgrade and the Faculty of Political Sciences.
For more details, feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSEI Announcement!August 5th 2008 Applicants who gained scholarship will be informed by email. ASSEI scholarship includes covering costs of participation, reading materials, accommodation, meals and students excursions. Cancellations later than August 15th 2008 are subject to a processing fee of 50% of total amount of scholarship. If you cancel your participation later we will have to charge full scholarship amount.
ASSEI is supported by:
Central European Initiative, Austrian Development Agency, Hypo Alpe Adria bank d.o.o., European Fund for the Balkans, Raiffeissen bank ad, GTZ.